Tuesday, August 17, 2004

friends...

I just e-mailed this to ang, but the reality is - it applies to all my friends – ‘cos I luv you guys!! I know most of ya aren't into the mushy junk, but I wanted to let you know how much it means to me that I have you as friends...
***
heyI just wanted to say thank you...for everything, for being my friend - for listening to my rambling - and my irritating babbling stress... for being my friend despite all my bad traits...and if I’m acting weird don't take me seriously – ‘cos sometimes I don't even know what to think of myself…Of course you already know this…But still. I just wanted to let you know how much I value our friendship – ‘cos I luv ya, and if I ever lost you as a friend – I’m not sure I’d end up very sane... :P lotsa luv,alwayskathryn xxoo

***
So there you go :)

Here is a poem that the year 12's read last year - or was it the year before that? I love it, and I hope you do too.

New Friends and Old Friends

Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.
New-made friendships, like new wine,
Age will mellow and refine.
Friendships that have stood the test-
Time and change-are surely best;
Brow may wrinkle, hair grow gray,
Friendship never knows decay.
For 'mid old friends, tried and true,
Once more we our youth renew.
But old friends, alas! may die,
New friends must their place supply.
Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.
- by Joseph Parry -

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was so cute! what a tear jerker!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home